Zaragoza is the capital city of an autonomous community of Aragon in Spain. It is very famous for its folklore, architectural heritage and gastronomy. It has a very rich and deep cultural heritage and is considered to be one of the first places where Christianity had taken its birth. Thus, there is a very grand celebration of 2018 New Years Eve in Zaragoza and people from different parts of the world come here to be a part of it. There are many factors which will draw your attention to this place once you know the insights of Zaragoza.
What Is Special About Zaragoza?
There are many rituals and other events that make New Years Eve in Zaragoza a very unique place to be in at this time of the year. Some of the are elaborated below:
- The 12 Grapes ritual – There is a tradition which is followed all over Spain. That is the ritual of eating 12 grapes at midnight. They eat 12 grapes during the first 12 seconds of the New Year. It is a fun ritual through it has a long story behind its origin.
- The ticking of the clock – It is also a tradition to listen to the stoke of 12 at the Puerta del Sol clock in Madrid. It marks the beginning of the New Year and people either visit it or watch it in their television. It is after this that they start partying and celebrating.
Some Tips To Keep In Mind While Visiting Zaragoza
There are a lot of people in the clubs, casinos, bars, pubs, restaurants or any other public spot on this day and it is the same situation till early morning. So if you go to these places without any advance booking, you might be disappointed on not finding a spot. Also, you should wrap up your things early this day as the public transportation services are closed pretty early on this day.
A Few Other Attractions Of Zaragoza
Apart from all these, there are some few more attractions of New Years Eve in Zaragoza which include food and landmarks. Some of the famous landmarks you to which you should pay a must visit are:
- La Seo del Salvador
- Museo Pablo Gargallo
- Acuario de Zaragoza
- Basilica de Nuestra Senora del Pilar
You can search information about these sites on the internet and will get to know the beauty of each of these. Some of the famous dishes of Zaragoza are:
- Migas – Lightly fried breads served with onion, grapes and garlic.
- Guirlaclies – It is a famous sweet that consists of nougat made with honey and almond.
- Wines – It will be a waste if you go there and do not taste some of the most sought after wines all over the world which include Somantano, Carinena, etc.
Zaragoza is a place which will give you some experiences of the New Years Eve which you will not get anywhere else. There are many other unique rituals and traditions which are carried out and which are left to you to find out once you go there. You will surely regret not knowing about this place before once you visit it.