Introduction to NYE Fireworks
Viewing NYE fireworks is always great experience to welcome a New Year arrival. There are 2 firework display on New Years Eve in Vancouver. These are early fireworks for children or young people at 9:00pm and the midnight fireworks at 0:00 am.
If you are families with children, then join the Early Eve at 9:00 around Canada Place Way (102.7 The Peak Stage). This Early Eve celebration will include a short burst of fireworks from the offshore barge in the middle of Coal Harbor.
If you are planning join the midnight celebrations, then watch the fireworks erupting from a barge over Coal Harbor in downtown Vancouver. The spectacular high-aerial 8-minute pyrotechnics display on West Coast will be synchronized to music. A countdown to New Year 2016 will precede the NYE fireworks. Please check the Fireworks Viewing Map below for your best partying arrangement. It’s noted that the NYE fireworks are not viewable from English Bay and Kitsilano.
Viewing Locations Map
(Click to enlarge the map)
The NYE fireworks in Vancouver will be launched from a barge in Coal Harbor just west of the Canada Place pier. The most comfortable locations for community viewing are:
- Vancouver Convention Center East Plaza
- Harbor Green Park and Coal Harbor Seawall
- Premium Fireworks Viewing Lounge (Ticketed)
- Stanley Park Seawall (Vancouver Rowing Club to the 9 O’Clock Gun)
- Canada Place Way (at 102.7 The PEAK Stage)
Again, the followings are underlined to ensure you will enjoy the celebrations without problems:
- Limited capacity at Jack Poole Plaza and Vancouver Convention Centre Seawall
- No viewing from English Bay and Kitsilano
- Short burst of fireworks for Early Eve Countdown at 9 p.m.
- 15 minute fireworks display for Midnight Countdown at 12 a.m.
- Music simulcast on 102.7 The Peak starting at 6 p.m. on Canada Place Way
- The best way to travel to the New Year’s Eve celebration is by walking, public transit and cycling
- Please celebrate responsibly: don’t drink and drive
If you are preparing your trip to enjoy Christmas and New Years Eve in Vancouver, early booking is highly recommended.