Everyone waits for the very special day to enjoy it with their friends. It is the most awaited festival that brings lots of hope, positivity and good luck in lives. With a new year everyone wants to start a new and fresh life. This is the ultimate time to forget all the old misunderstanding and give another chance to your life. Every country celebrates this festival in a different way. You will be able to see grand parties, great events organized by the local people to create the amazing atmosphere. Some people also follow some rituals or tradition on this very special day.
If you have never been in Wisconsin (US), we would suggest Milwaukee for your next coming Christmas and New Year’s Eve 2018 celebrations. Milwaukee is the the largest city in Wisconsin State and the 22nd largest city in the U.S. It is located in the southeastern portion of the state on the western shore of Lake Michigan.
Midnight Fireworks, Countdown Parties, Festive Celebrations
On New year’ Eve, restaurants in Milwaukee will offer special multi-course dinners, often with additional savory or sweet treats, to say goodbye to 2016 and hello to New Year. Please have a look at some of the possibilities, both near and far:
- Ardent — Eight courses, including rib-eye aged 70-plus days and dishes that will appear on Ardent’s menu in January.
- c.1880 — Five courses, with choices such as trout with sweet potato, French lentils and prosciutto or monkfish with fennel, apple and potato for the fish course.
- Cafe Soeurette — Small and large plates with a surf-and-turf theme, priced a la carte; free glass of bubbly at midnight.
- Devon Seafood + Steak — Three courses, with choices including filet Oscar or filet and lobster tail.
- Dream Dance Steak — Four-course dinner featuring an Angus filet with shrimp in garlic shallot butter and a champagne toast.
You can also check out this great listing of New Year’s Eve events in the Milwaukee city for other ideas on how to ring in the new year.
- The Harlem Globetrotters
The world’s zaniest trick basketball team will have you laughing your way into the new year.
- Stellar Spark 11
The entire Rave / Eagle’s Ballroom will be taken over by DJs.
- New Year’s Eve Family Celebration at the Domes
Bring the whole family for a fun evening with roaming children’s entertainers, crafts, balloons, a magician, and much more.
- The Get Down New Year’s Eve Dance Party
A special NYE edition of Milwaukee’s longest running Funk and Soul Dance Party
- New Year’s with Jim Gaffigan
Stand-up comedian and New Year’s party.
- Polar Bear Plunge
An icy dip into Lake Michigan on New Year’s Day.
Get to Milwaukee
Visitors can get to Milwaukee by airplane. Milwaukee is served by General Mitchell International Airport (IATA code MKE), that situated in Southeast of the city. The city can also be reached by train, by boat, by car or by bus.
Accommodations on NYE holidays
The city has full range of hotels that can cater any visitor needs. Some of popular hotels are Crowne Plaza Hotel Milwaukee Airport, Ramada Inn City Center Hotel, The Astor Hotel, The Iron Horse Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, etc. If you are plan to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Wisconsin, early hotel and flight booking are highly recommended.