India is home to many of the beautiful and fun places in Asia. Once it’s time for New Year’s Eve 2018, visitors can choose from a list of destinations to visit and experience a great time there. Below is top ten cities for New Years Eve celebrations in India:
- Delhi is the capital of India and the heart of Northern India.
- Bangalore is known as The garden city, once the sleepy home of pensioners now transformed into Silicon city with a lot of software companies establishing their offices in the city.
- Chennai (formerly Madras) is main port in Southern India, cradle of Carnatic Music and Bharatanatyam. The city is home of the famous Marina beach, Automobile Capital of India and a fast emerging IT hub.
- Hyderabad is known as The City of Pearls. A major R&D hub and pharma capital of India and home to Software giants such as Microsoft, Google outside the USA.
- Jaipur or the Pink City is a major exhibit of the Hindu Rajput culture of medieval Northern India.
- Kochi (formerly Cochin) is the Queen of Arabian Sea. Historically this is a centre of international trade, now the gateway to the sandy beaches and backwaters.
- Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) is the cultural capital of India. It is home to numerous colonial buildings. It is also known as The City of Joy.
- Mumbai (formerly ‘Bombay) is the financial capital of India. It is named “Bollywood” (Indian Hindi Film Industry) hub.
- Shimla is the former summer capital of British India located in the Himalayan foothills with a large legacy of Victorian architecture.
- Varanasi is considered the most sacred Hindu city. It is located on the banks of the Ganges, one of the oldest continually inhabited cities of the world.
- Goa has been attracting a steady flow of visitors — first the hippies and returning expatriate Goans, then the charter tourists, pilgrims visiting Catholic and Hindu shrines, those opting to settle in Goa as their home, people going for medical treatment, and a growing number of those who attend seminars and conferences in Goa.