Final Draw For 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil will be taken place today the 6th December 2013 in Bahia (Brazil) with the participating of legendary players Cafu, Fabio Cannavaro, Mario Kempes, Lothar, Matthaus, Zinedine Zidane and Geoff Hurst.
The Draw places the 32 teams who have qualified for the 2014 World Cup into eight groups consisting of four teams. The teams in each group play three matches in a round-robin phase with the top two teams from each group advancing to the round of 16 single-elimination phase.
How the Draw works
There cannot be more than two European teams in any one group, while the six South American teams must be split up.
Pot 1 (seeds): Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland.
Pot 2: Chile, Ecuador, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon.
Pot 3: US, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia.
Pot 4: Holland, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Bosnia, Croatia, Russia, France
- On the day, a team from Pot 4 (European) will be added to Pot 2 at random to make four pots even with eight teams.
- Brazil will then become team one in Group A before the rest of Pot 1 take position one of groups B to H.
- The four seeded South American teams (Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina and Colombia) will then be placed in an ancillary pot – pot X. Only one team will be drawn, who will then cop a Euro team selected to Pot 2.
- The remaining pot 2 teams will be allocated to Groups A to H sequentially.
- Groups may be skipped to ensure geographic separation.
- Pots 3 and 4 will be emptied in order.
TV and broadcast
ESPN will provide comprehensive coverage of the Final Draw for the 2014 FIFA World Cup across its multimedia platforms highlighted by FIFA World Cup Draw, a two-hour live program on ESPN2 and WatchESPN on Friday, the 6th December 2013, beginning at 11:30 AM ET. Bob Ley will host, joined by analysts Michael Ballack, Alexi Lalas, Steve McManaman and Santiago Solari in ESPN’s Bristol, Conn., studio, and Taylor Twellman from Kansas City, site of the 2013 MLS Cup.
Final Draw Results
The result of the Final Draw For 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil will be updated here. Please visit back for latest news.
Check out the Schedule of FIFA world cup 2014 latest update.