Dortmund is an independent city in Germany. It is one of the most important cities in Germany. It is famous for its rich cultural heritage. It is well known for its scenic beauty and you will have a very good time even if you plan to walk around the city. The city is covered with greenery and agricultural areas. Dortmund is also home to one of the biggest industrial revolutions and holds rich heritage even in that field. So you are sure to get to know a lot of things about the history of the state. 2017 New Years Eve in Dortmund is a very big occasion and people come from far and wide to be a part of this auspicious event.
What Makes The NYE So Special ?
There are innumerable reasons to visit Dortmund at this point of the year. Here are a few reasons to convince you to be there at the end of this year:
- Scenic beauty – Dortmund is well known for its beauty. The city is decorated in a very attractive manner and the whole of Dortmund is lit up.
- Food – Apart from other factors, Dortmund is also well known for its delicious food. At this time of the year, many stalls are set up on the streets which serve lip-smacking delicacies.
- Hotels – There are some pretty affordable yet remarkable hotels in Dortmund. You will be able to avail many discounts in them at this time of the year. These hotels arrange for many celebrations and impressive events
Major Attractions Of Dortmund
Dortmund is famous for many architectural attractions which bring people from all over the world to this place. Some of the most famous ones which are a must visit during New Years Eve in Dortmund are:
- Reinold’s Church – It’s a 104-metre-tall tower and offers a very immersive view of the city from the top.
- The Zollern Colliery – It is renowned for its architectural beauty and stunning work of redbrick facades.
- Mooskamp Station – Associated with the Transport Museum, this place gives you a very deep knowledge of the history of the city and you get to see the vintage locomotive used at ancient periods.
Dishes That Are Sure To Tickle Your Taste Buds
If you are crazy about food, Dortmund should be your destination this time. Here are some of the awesome foods of Dortmund:
- Spatzle – It is a special type of pasta that is topped with a whole lot of cheese.
- Currywurst – It is a special type of pork sausage that is cut into pieces and occasionally covered with Darm.
- Leberkase – It is a snack and not a meal. It is prepared by putting the sausage in the oven for a long time and is then cut into slices and served with white bread and sweet mustard.
These points should be convincing enough for you to help you decide which place will be your holiday destination this year. You will find many tour packages online which have very attractive plans for you to get very close to the culture and lifestyle of New Years Eve in Dortmund.